Sunday, February 8, 2009

Front End Modifications

I did extensive work to improve the front end of the mustang. I "boxed" the front radiator support. This is a flimsy area that typically gets bent on mustangs. This particular mustang didn't have any cracking or pulling on the shock towers, which was good news. I made sure it stayed this way by welding the shock towers solid, and then smoothed them before paint. Big block cars had shock towers that were spot welded from the factory, I just took it a step farther. While I was doing metal work in the engine compartment, I also shaved and smoothed the firewall, and several other places on the inner fender walls. This will make for a nice clean look, but not take away from what this car is...a classic mustang.







No comments:

Post a Comment