Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting Started

The car was stripped and went onto the rotisserie. This really helped with the inspection of all the sheetmetal and frame rails. I thought that my car was in really good shape, being that it was gargage kept it's entire life, but the bottom of the car was dealership undercoated by the original owner. This all had to come off. Once the undercoating was removed, I decided to put new floorpans in the car. I could have put a couple patch panels in the originals, but I wanted to build a car that was as close to perfect as I could from the ground up. Being garage kept, I wondered why the floorpans were pitted, and found the answer in the cowl panel. As with almost all early mustangs, the cowl panel needed repaired. You can buy patches for this problem, but that isn't really restoration, so I decided to replace the entire inner panel. Here are some pics...




No comments:

Post a Comment